Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Teacher par excellence


   (Dr. Stephen Hicks, Professor of Philosophy at Rockford College,Illinois,USA)

One thing I wanna say to Dr.Stephen Hicks (even though there is no way that he can know it) who has his multiple videos uploaded on youtube and teaches us about things in life that I have had profound interest in --

                                               
                                          *** YOU ARE MY HERO ***


What I spent last ten years searching for and asking myself and pondering and questioning over, all that exercise which was so painful and made worse by the darkness of the path I was traveling 'all alone', all those things I felt in me but my limited power of expression and the intricacy of the topic itself caused them to remain locked up inside me have finally found a voice that is not just eloquent but also compassionate and lucid. Although, I did reach the end of my trail on my own and life from here does look brighter than ever, although the greatest thinkers of postmodern era held my hand and showed me the steps I should take, it is this guy who summed up my journey in the perfect words. He just has a knack of saying all the right things that strike a perfect cord with my feelings. Thanks for being there Dr.Hicks and consider this post as my tribute to your genius and to your efforts in letting it reach us in the most clear way. Thanks for being such a great teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh.. this is nice:) No wonder he has such a good student:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D .. thanks :)

    he is AWESOME. he is passionate, wise, highly eloquent, clear thinking gentleman. and his voice? .. aah.. almost magical. and he is smart as hell ;)..i think i have a thing for older, mature, wise men :P :P..well, there is so much to learn from them

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is damn good.. i just happened to see one of his vid's n totally got hooked on to it.. may be that's also because i've a great deal of interest in philosophy, t subject that he teaches..but he is really goooood!!!
    nams

    ReplyDelete