Thursday, December 16, 2010

Quotes by Jean Paul Sartre

"Man is condemned to be free. Condemned, because he did not create himself, in other respect is free; because, once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does. The Existentialist does not believe in the power of passion. He will never agree that a sweeping passion is a ravaging torrent which fatally leads a man to certain acts and is therefore an excuse. He thinks that man is responsible for his passion."

 "You and me are real people, operating in a real world. We are not figments of each other’s imagination. I am the architect of my own self, my own character and destiny. It is no use whinging about what I might have been, I am the things I have done and nothing more. We are all free, completely free. We can each do any damn thing we want. Which is more than most of us dare to imagine."

4 comments:

  1. wow... such a great power boosting article....
    loved it.. great post:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah arsh.. he was one smart man.a very famous philosopher.want to read his book 'nausea' some day..
    nams

    ReplyDelete
  3. dis is new....nt d kinds i read often :).....liked it :) :)
    -saranga

    ReplyDelete