Friday, August 20, 2010

Conversations With God




I   : God ,are you there?
God (G) : Yes, my dear.
I : Oh! So you are alive!
G : Why,of course I am alive!
I : Oh..That Nietzsche guy said that you were dead and thus human beings were now free.But I thought,I should just check it out myself.
G : Oh him..Yes.He was right!
I  : What's that supposed to mean? He said you were dead but you are alive.How can he be right?
: Because my dear, my death was necessary for me to be truly alive.Mankind had to be freed from the false notions which they only had created ,before they could search the real me.
I  : I don't understand you.
G  : Okay! Let's make it simple.Tell me,don't you need to tear up the cover first before you can see your birthday gift? Or don't you need to break the thick outer crust before you can have that clean, sweet coconut water?
I  : Yes.
G  : So,similarly,my outer crust ,which is nothing but your conventional perception about me ,which you didn't seek yourself but was forced upon you,had to be broken first,if you really wanted to find me.
I  :  And how does one do that? 
G  : By seeking answers for yourself.A ready made answer won't work.It has to come from within you.That would go through two steps.one- questioning,analysis,and stirring up quite a storm in your head and second- settling the storm,plain observation and surrendering yourself to life right here,right now.And both the steps are essential.
I  : God, tell me, what are you really?
G  : I am what you believe me to be.
I : Can you please elaborate?
G :  I am the energy that fills this universe.It exists in different forms.Everything you see around has me in it.Living ,non living..Everything!
I  : God,tell me, are kind or cruel? If you are really that kind and loving as they say,then why do bad things happen?
G   : Energy can never be good or bad.It's like asking what blue color smells like.I am the one that keeps the wheels of this universe turning.And as far as humans are concerned,I am defined by your emotions.It's at your discretion how you want to use me..Good or bad,I become what you make of me.
I  : But what about earthquakes,floods and any other natural disaster ?
G  : I am just an energy which took several forms.Those multiple forms established a complex interplay with each other over billion billion years and through a lot of trial and error,only the best combination survived,others perished.This is why you see the universe the way it is! It has it's own rules.It works on it's own principles.
: To which religion do you belong ? 
G  : I don't belong to any particular religion.But all of them belong to me.They all have tried their way of knowing me,finding me,interpreting me.But again,they are only theories and not absolute truth in themselves.That's why they might work for some people but for others, they don't.Hence it is necessary that you seek your own way.
I : Do you then represent morality?
G  : No.I do not represent anything.The sense of morality is the feature of humans.It is born in your conscience over years of evolution.It's your characteristic attribute and it has changed over time.Most of the things you perceive today as cruel used to be the order of the day long time ago.If I represented morality,it would never change.But it is changing and it is refining because that is extremely important for your race to survive.You can't afford to be at war with each other anymore.
I  : God, who created you?
G  : Let me answer that question with a question..Who do you think created me?
: Well,I think you have been there forever. No one created you.You probably came from a place where general rules of my universe like time,dimensions don't apply.
G  : Why do you say so?
I  : Because I don't have any other answer.My capacity is limited as I am just a human being.Our scientists are trying to solve the puzzle by putting different pieces together.But we are still nowhere near answering that question.How universe formed, we have a clue,we know about electrons and positrons and how 'big bang' happened..But who made it happen and why,we don't know..That's where we bring you in.
G : If that's the way you think, then be it.
I : Why are you saying that? Are you not gonna explain it to me?
G  : One last question ..You think that you are talking to me..but check again,who are you really talking to ?
I : Oh!! ..I am..I am ...talking to myself ?? How can this be ?? Are you there or not? Oh what a mess!
G  : You see,I am still your perception.I didn't answer anything which you didn't already know.I am your belief.I am your projected image.If you want to believe in me, there will be no place where you can't see me .But if you don't want to believe, you won't find me even in the head offices of your religions i.e. your temples,churches etc.

I: Yes,may be you are right! You are my imagination.Where my reasoning fails, you begin.I had to imagine you because god,the universe you've created is so huge ,so enormously extensive that I just can't comprehend it.I am just a human who has a brain that questions a lot but it doesn't have enough ability to answer them all.We are trying to solve the puzzle,we have understood the rules that bind this universe,we have discovered solar systems and galaxies,we have launched satellites and stepped on the moon.But,it's just a tiny drop in the ocean.We are still far far away.Moreover,I cant get myself to believe in any religion,any philosophy.It is a painful and often hopeless process when you are left disappointed on both the fronts.Or may be, I am doing it all wrong.May be I am looking too hard.May be I should just keep it all aside and calm myself down.Cut out the racing thoughts and listen to the existence.It speaks your language.The atoms and their particles,the EMW and the light,the gravity,the stars the planets,this life,the trees and the people,me,every single cell in my body,you are everywhere god.You are omnipresent..But there is a difference between knowing things and actually realizing them yourself.And it's time for me to understand it,to realize it all myself.

G : Yes! Whether a believer or non believer,it doesn't matter,what matters is that you remain A SEEKER.Knowing me is an ongoing process,that's why those age old teaching don't convince you today.Because they have all remained stagnant.They refused to be changed .If you really want to find me,first you will need to break those shackles and set yourself completely free.You need to step out and cleanse your mind.Along the way,you might face periods of repeated questioning,analysis that ultimately merges with faithlessness and emptiness within you,but don't be scared.Keep going.And if you seek long enough,you will overcome that temporary phase and will reach your center of being and you will become one with the universe.The chaos,the turbulence will end and that's where you will find me!!

( these are purely my views,my way of understanding and making sense of things that have haunted the mankind.I do not claim to know it all,in fact I am as confused as everyone else.this article wasn't written with the purpose of hurting anyone's religious sentiments.and it is in no way meant to please anybody.i write for myself and it's not my problem if you can't agree with me.....sorry about the rudeness !! )

12 comments:

  1. I dun belong to one religion, but all religions belong to me- a "wow" line- super like for tht one..
    A lil bit of criticism- to make ur blogs more attractive, write philosophy in the form of stories n conversations (i give u five extra points for doing dat :D ) n try to avoid clichéed "tatwagyan" so dat the reader who is jus glancing thru ur blogs doesn't give up somewhere in the middle where he's lost in the middle of a huge moral science lecture..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :)
    i know it got a bit preachy and cliched..but It's not the final draft..i got up at 4am and 'fatafat' typed whatever was on my mind..i haven't yet read it myself :p...i'll make necessary changes n cut down on unnecessary stuff..my editing of the posts goes on until i write new article :p
    -namrata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow my counsellin abt birds wakin u up was so effective dat u got up at 4am n woke them up?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am done..this is the final version.i've tried to make it lucid but in that attempt it got lengthier.but i can't help it.the topic is so vast in itself.and i am no poet to sum it all up in minimum words.i've tried to reflect my thoughts thru words and it was diff as hell..phew..i'm glad im done.. :D

    ur last comment..:D :D Revenge..this time i screamed at them,but they dint flutter one damn feather.damn you flying menace..

    ReplyDelete
  5. THINKING A LOT i GUESS. AND WRITING A LOT.. COOL..

    I read it all but I don't comment.. too busy and no net access

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's okay..
    u visit n read it all..im happy with that..hope to see some from you also.bahot din ho gaye..ab to naya post likh hi do. :)
    namrata.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! this is a great conversation. its true that we do not know whether God exists. scientists try to figure this out with the help of science. But somewhere we do experience Him, somethings that you really have wished for they come true. We do find him in ourselves, in our subconscious. i believe God exists, and i guess at some point of time, there may be a scientific evidance or maybe not.... its what we believe in carry meaning to us...and thats what we continue to follow...
    Oshonica, a well written dialogue. i love your writing style... keep it up... Arsh

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree arsh..even i believe she exists (:p)
    and thanks for the elaborate n thoughtful comment :)
    i always love your comments :)
    namrata

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you saranga..even my thoughts were pretty jumbled up before writing n fine tuning this article.that's why writing helps..it helps to put our views in a proper order n format..
    def..it's neither he or she..:p i am only joking wen i say that.. :D
    even im glad to have u comment on my posts.. :)
    -namrata

    ReplyDelete
  10. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC....although m an agnostic creature ( I guess u do know that )...
    and that "MORAL" stuff tar i dont have words yaar...simply .......( see I really don't have words ) as long as my petty vocabulary goes "GREAT".....just confirm to me that evrythn in this discussion came out of ur brain so that I can take my hat off .....( I ll have to buy one actually )hehe...
    and as always yaar,,its a treat to go through ur blog.....I swear ( AAI SHAPPATH )..
    Me upsc cha form download karayla baslo hoto for 5 mins but couldn't resist visiting ur blog n it was worth indeed...
    Keep writing stuff like this n we r not far away from having a BOOKER PRIZE winner as our friend..may be after a few year though....\
    just keep ur Mind n brain n fingers n PC active so that we have an access to some beautiful thoughts n even an xpression to our own feelings which u can beautifully put into words.....
    again its an awesome stuff...
    God bless you.....( Hope the god is listening )

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks nishant..
    but i don't deserve so much of praise re..
    yes it all came out of my skull..let's go buy a hat for you. :)
    thanks for regularly visiting my blog..inspires me to keep it alive.
    god bless you too :)

    namrata

    ReplyDelete