Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Craptasic Randomosity ;)

Warning- This is going to be ridiculous.Wanna take a chance? Go ahead.

Sometimes in my lucid dreams,I find my fingers magically set into some kind of a graceful,rapid movement,tapping swiftly on the keys of my lappy and churning out a fabulously attractive blog post.I can see that with every fancy,effective and 'loaded' sentence,my grin goes wider and wider,making me feel too smug about myself and giving me the confidence that can take on Dickens and Austen someday.(okay,shameless high-flier.But Chetan Bhagat,at least ? :p ).Popularity,advertisement requests,getting rich,mesmerizing the world with my literary prowess.And then at the height of this blissful ride...I wake up.Damn it!

My mind is a conniving little brat.Plays tricks with me even in waking time..I sometimes wonder what topic to choose on which I can write almost obsessively .Vague,fancy ideas and lines flash in my head,but when I actually log into my blog,I find myself staring at the screen for a looooong time only to sign out after a couple of minutes,returning 'khaali haath' as they say,feeling rather dejected.Who said crappy writers can't have writer's block? Ask me,I suffer from it all the time.In fact it's the block that continues to remind me that I am a writer in first place.*JOKE* neva mind !! Anyway,Such is my brain.Highly unresourceful and unreliable! Always keen on playing hide n seek just when I need it the most..Talking about brain,well I bet my hippocampus (the memory center) is one terrifically tortured soul these days.Given the awful amount of dull and dead mcq book information that I keep throwing at him to store,it hardly ever gets any rest.And thus my revengeful hippo,acting in a consorted rebellion,holds my creative areas from kicking in whenever I set out to write a new post..Long story short,I am bored,I can't think of anything worthwhile to write,so I resort to writing.......this! But, considering the limited viewership that my blog enjoys presently,and the viewers happen to be too sweet to ever stone me to death for wasting their precious time over trash,I can still get away with writing some.But I guess I am running low on fuel to cook up even that now.Sheer misery.

I am so eagerly waiting for these exams to get over so that I can have my normal life and yeah,my entire bed back.You see, I am a bed-hog! I spread out my limbs in all directions.But currently, some monsters,smelling of paper and ink have encroached upon the space and I am forced to curl up in a rigid posture and retain it for the entire night.I dream of a day when I will have novels and movie DVDs in my book shelf which currently holds Harrison ,Mudit Khanna and Amit Ashish.Even that wooden thing must be tired of showcasing the same nerdy stuff now.It gets gawked at every time the guests are on a tour to my house.Now who likes to receive so much attention for all nerdy reasons? First, the glances are on the books,then upon me,and I feel awkward as hell.Yes,I am a doctor...Big deal ! I am not sure I can save your life if you suddenly throw a fit or choke your coronaries right here.It's been a year since I saw any patient ,you know.And I don't earn a single penny.I have virtually grounded myself for over a year and now,my brain has slowly begun to revolt after being force fed the same dull information from last 6 yrs :( . After all ,there is a limit to which one can take.

Damn! I guess I am crying way too much.In fact,I have written one highly engaging poem about my sulk instincts .Read it at your peril-

"I fret,fret,fret,
over this long long wait,
damn you destiny, open thy gate.
I forever whine,
like a fat swine,
and I'll add any rubbish line,
just to make my crappy poem rhyme"

Anyway.They say in their rules of smart blogging, that a post should not exceed a maximum of 250 words........let me count.........way over the limit..Time to wind up! :) Dear readers,I am leaving you with this beautiful song from Twi-Eclipse soundtrack that has stuck in my head big time.Go,get it stuck in yours too :p. Bye. :)
http://mp3bear.com/beck-and-bat-for-lashes-lets-get-lost

11 comments:

  1. hey namrata,,
    u can be anything but A "CRAPPY WRITER" yaar....
    n u too write poems ha??? nice to know that...
    n struggling phase gives u a bigger insight of nothing else but ur own self...the most complex creature.... " SELF"....so always enjoy it...
    N I don't praise ur articles 'aisehi' baraka....
    u write too good... ability to express one's self is really a Gift....
    Many people ca't do that n come across ugly consequences...
    You have that gift in u....
    keep writting......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nishaaaaaant! my favourite commenter :D
    I call myself a crappy writer because then if someone else says that to me,I won't feel bad :p.."manachi tayari" :)
    I am more like a sort of person who would rather get married n have kids than pursuing a never ending career :p :D..but I have to carry on.
    true,this struggle gives us a chance to know ourselves better..agree completely.
    thanks for praising my articles yaar.I came home feeling sad about a thing but then read your comment n I am all jumpy happy now ..heh he..thanx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright "Crappy Writer"

    I said it.. Let's see if u don't feel bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm..I don't.I am fine..deep breaths..1...2...3... Exhale slowly..Breathe again.I am cool.which means you get to live! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just checking ur patience...and ur seriousness abt the statement... lol

    U r a fine writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. awright! i was kidding :p ..btw,thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) someday i'l invite u to a personal blog of mine to make u realise how i've spoilt the fun by writing a boring blog wen i could've made it way more interesting than it has become.. (n sorry i couldn't make it more interesting.. Primarily coz the purpose for writing the blog was different)
    2) don't dig ur mind hard for ideas, let them flow.. Write less but woteva u write, let it come out naturally. U dun hav any deadline for writing a post
    3) try writing a helpful blog for ur medical followers- like some mnemonics or some interesting concepts or trivia etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am trying to be consistent..I stopped being that once and it was nearly 2 long yrs before i wrote another blog post!so,you know how it is!It's important to keep writing..It's like keeping a personal diary.whatever it is..keep writing.and the thoughts were flowing,albeit randomly :p..it's fun to write random stuff.
    Boy,don't expect me to write medical things here..the blog is my escape route from the medical/professional world..someday,may be..but never on purpose!
    A personal blog is not meant to impress anybody.It's our world,a way of knowing ourselves better.if others don't find it interesting they can very well stop visiting..send me an invite..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personal as in, kinda private.. Something i dun wanna make public.. I'l invite u wen we're frens gud enuf..no offence.. Jus let a few dayz pass.. I wil remember to invite u :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey,no problem at all..send t link only wen u think it's appropriate..no ghai
    -namrata

    ReplyDelete