Tuesday, September 7, 2010

To be, or not to be, that is the question.

“There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. Deciding whether or not life is worth living is to answer the fundamental question in philosophy. All other questions follow from that.” 

opening line from the book  'The Myth of Sisyphus' by A.Camus


Needless to say, I am coming to you Mr.Camus. I want to see how you dealt wit the question. Finally, met somebody who questioned the same thing and probably came up with an answer too. Big relief. To find somebody who can understand. I don't expect any answers. It's enough just to have someone listen to you and not call you crazy.Can i drink from your well Mr. Camus ? I wanna see how that water tastes.





p.s. To all my dear readers who are also my well wishers - Oshonica has not decided to die :p . She loves mystery and what bigger mystery you have other than life? I am trying to solve it but the best part about the whole exercise is--it's never going to be solved :) . Bamboozled? don't worry.happens.peace.I have taken the 'red pill' already. The choice has been made. I am here to understand why i made it.

6 comments:

  1. he he :-) 'the red pill':-)(me too btw:-)) Yep, we all should take that:-). enjoyed readin this... havnt heard of this author, but i sure loved his opening lines:-)....

    And i love the ending lines... {i am sure u know why:-)}..... Arsh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..Albert Camus was the key philosopher of 20th century.And regarding 'The Matrix' it was not just a science fiction. That was just a garb under which it dealt with the most important question.The same 'question' that 'drives us'. .It was an out and out philosophical stuff.And because of the beautiful metaphorical treatment it gave to the topic so complex, matrix still rules the hearts of its fans even after a decade of its release :)

    namrata

    ReplyDelete
  3. it definately does:-) ... Arsh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hw do i *like* dis blog?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey..it was saranga :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know you like it saranga.. :) that's more than enough for me..
    thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete